Photo: Chris Kershaw (Joondalup Photo-Design)
Dr Darren Webb
BSc(HumBiol), MCompSc, PhD (PublicHlth) ECowan,
GradCertResComm Curtin, MACS CP-CT, IP3P, AFAIDH, WCA L2
Dr Darren Webb is the Principal Consultant of Smart Owl Consulting™ and offers a range of client-centric services through his extensive academic and 20+ years of business experience.
With a strong understanding of business and project management, having worked for and consulted to a variety of small, medium and multi-national brand organisations, Darren is passionate about helping individuals and organisations find effective solutions to their health and business challenges.
As a passionate advocate for preventative health and wellbeing, Darren is a director of Webble Guys, a health and wellbeing company offering health promoting software to sedentary (physically inactive) populations. This commercialisation of his earlier PhD research has led him to become well-known amongst the entrepreneurial startup community of Perth, having been an early iPREP WA (Industry and Research Engagement Program) participant in 2015 and completing the Curtin Ignition program in 2016.
- PhD (Public Health)
- Master of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science (Human Biology)
- Graduate Certificate in Research Commercialisation
Business and Community Associations
- Director of Webble Guys (software development based on PhD research in Public Health)
- Chairman & Director of Strategic Partnerships at the Be Inspired Foundation (BIF)
- Edith Cowan University (ECU) Council – Alumni Representative Member
- Business Member of the Wanneroo Business Association (WBA)
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Advocate
A passionate networker with over 1,000 LinkedIn connections, he also brings not-for-profit strategic board governance and collaborative policy development experience through his volunteer role as Chairman and Director of Strategic Partnerships at the Be Inspired Foundation.
Dr Webb maintains an active interest in ongoing professional development and is a passionate annual (6x) participant in promoting STEM studies to high-school students at Scitech’s Science Café.